Arsenal are the second most successful FA Cup team ever, boasting 10 FA Cup Winners crowns. They last won the prestigious trophy in 2004 when they beat fierce rivals Manchester United 5-4 on penalties, with inspirational captain Patrick Viera scoring the decisive spot-kick. Between 1998 and 2005 Arsenal reached an incredible five FA Cup finals, winning four.
Arsenal beat Leeds 1-0 in this season's third round, courtesy of a late strike from the returning Thierry Henry. Their reward is a home tie against Aston Villa in the FA Cup Fourth Round.
Arsenal currently have odds of around 7/1 in the 2011/12 FA Cup Betting.
FA Cup Record
The Gunners have won the FA Cup 10 times, with the first way back in 1930 and the most recent in 2004.
- 1929/30: Arsenal 2-0 Huddersfield
- 1935/36: Arsenal 1-0 Sheffield United
- 1949/50: Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool
- 1970/71: Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool (aet)
- 1978/79: Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd
- 1992/93: Arsenal 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
- Replay: Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday
- 1997/98: Arsenal: 2-0 Newcastle
- 2001/02: Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
- 2002/03: Arsenal: Southampton
- 2004/05: Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd (Won 5-4 on pens)
Arsenal have finished runners-up 7 times:
- 1926/27: Cardiff City 1-0 Arsenal
- 1931/32: Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal
- 1951/52: Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal
- 1971/72: Leeds 1-0 Arsenal
- 1977/78: Ipswich 1-0 Arsenal
- 1979/80: West Ham 1-0 Arsenal
- 2000/01: Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
Recent FA Cup Performances
Last season Arsenal bowed out of the cup at the quarter-final stage after being outplayed by rivals Man Utd. The season before they made a disappointing exit, losing 3-1 to Stoke in the fourth round. They reached the semi-finals in 2008/09 but came unstuck against Chelsea, with Didier Drogba scoring a late winner. In 2007/08 they were thrashed 4-0 by Man Utd in the fifth round and a season earlier they also lost in the fifth round, 1-0 to Blackburn Rovers.