Aston Vill are one of the most successful FA Cup teams having won the prestigious trophy seven times. However, they have only won it once since 1920, something current manager Alex McLeish will be looking to change.
Villa beat League Two side Bristol Rovers 3-1 in this season's third round and will now travel to the Emirates Stadium to play Arsenal in the FA Cup Fourth Round. McLeish's men can currently be found at 33/1 with Paddy Power in the FA Cup Odds.
FA Cup Record
Aston Villa have won the FA Cup seven times:
- 1886/87: Aston Villa 2-0 West Brom
- 1894/95: Aston Villa 1-0 West Brom
- 1896/97: Aston Villa 3-2 Everton
- 1904/05: Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
- 1912/13: Aston Villa 1-0 Sunderland
- 1919/20: Aston Villa 1-0 Huddersfield (aet)
- 1956/57: Aston Villa 2-1 Man Utd
They have also finished as runners-up three times:
- 1891/92: West Brom 3-0 Aston Villa
- 1923/43: Newcastle 2-0 Aston Villa
- 1999/2000: Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa
Recent FA Cup Performances
Aston Villa reached the fifth round last season, losing 3-0 to the eventual winners Manchester City. In 2010 they had a cracking run to the semi-finals before being halted by Chelsea, who went on to beat Portsmouth in the Final. The season before Villa got to the fifth round where they were dumped out by Everton.
In both the 2007/08 and 2006/07 season Villa failed to get past the third round after losing out to Manchester United on both occasions.