Manchester City are the current holders of the FA Cup after beating Stoke City in the 2010/11 Final at Wembley. The win took their overall tally to five FA Cups and they were looking to make it six this time round. However, that was not the case after they were knocked-out in the third round by fierce rivals Man Utd.
FA Cup Record
Man City have appeared in nine FA Cup Finals, winning five.
- 1903/04: Man City 1-0 Bolton
- 1953/54: Man City 2-1 Portsmouth
- 1955/56: Man City 3-1 Bolton
- 1968/69: Man City 1-0 Leicester City
- 2010/11: Man City 1-0 Stoke City
They have also finished as runners-up five time.
- 1925/26: Bolton 1-0 Man City
- 1932/33: Everton 3-0 Man City
- 1954/55: Newcastle 3-1 Man City
- 1980/81: Tottenham 1-1 Man City
- Replay: Tottenham 3-2 Man City
Man City won the FA Cup last season for the first time since 1969 after they beat Stoke 1-0 in the FA Cup Final. Yaya Toure scored the only goal of the game in the 74th minute to send the City fans into raptures and win the club their first major trophy for 35 years.
They got off to a tricky start after being held to an entertaining 2-2 by Leicester City, who were then managed by their former boss Sven Goran Eriksson. The replay was another cracking encounter, excpet this time City got the better of the Championship side and came out 4-2 winners. City were once again taken to a replay in round four after they surprisingly drew 1-1 to League One outfit Notts County. However, in the replay they made no mistake and won easily 5-0. In the quarter-finals they brushed aside Aston Villa 3-0, before beating rivals United 1-0 in a tense semi-final.
In the 2009/10 season City lost 3-1 away to Stoke in extra time in a fifth round replay after drawing 1-1 at home. The season before they crashed out in the third round after being stunned 3-0 at home by Nottingham Forest. The 2007/08 campaign ended in the fourth round following a 2-1 defeat to Sheffield Utd, while the season before they managed to get through to the sixth round, only to lose 2-0 at Blackburn.
Football Acca Insurance
Boylesports will give you your money back as a free bet if one leg loses on your five plus Football Acca.
Double Your Winnings On Five Plus Accas
Boylesports offer their clients, double winnings as a free bet if Both teams score in ALL games on your winning 5+ Football Acca. Visit Boylesports for full details on this offer.
Football Acca Insurance
Place a 5-Fold (or more) football accumulator, and if just one selection lets you down Sportingbet will refund your stake as a free bet, up to £25. Any team, any league, any price. No minimum odds!
- Villa Ipswich And Port Vale Backed To Host Goals In The BTTS Treble
- Back Leicester Newcastle And Bolton In The Bankers Bet
- Bank On Goals When Southampton And Bournemouth Clash On Saturday Evening
- Milan And Lazio Headline Latest Juicy Serie A Treble Bet
- Guingamp To Outclass Nancy And Star In Our Ligue 1 Best Bets
- The Stats Point To A Championship Stalemate Between Reading And Leeds
- Expect Liverpool To Continue Stunning Merseyside Derby Record With Another Win Against Everton
- Bilbao To Kick Off The La Liga Treble With Victory At Osasuna
- Leverkusen And Wolfsburg To Sign Off The Bundesliga Treble With Goals Galore