Manchester United are the most successful team ever in the FA Cup, having been crowned FA Cup Winners an unprecedented 11 times and also appearing in a whopping 18 finals. However, they haven't won it since beating Millwall in the 2004 final, which remains their only win in the last 12 years. Their most recent final appearance was back in 2007 when they lost 1-0 in extra-time to rivals Chelsea.
Man Utd are currently one of the favourites in the 2011/12 FA Cup Odds as they go in search of their 12th FA Cup. After beating Man City at the Etihad Stadium in the third round they must now travel to Merseyside to face Liverpool in the FA Cup Fourth Round.
FA Cup Record
Man Utd have won the FA Cup a record 11 times, with their first coming in the 1908/09 season and the most recent in 2003/04.
- 1908/09: Man Utd 1-0 Bristol City
- 1947/48: Man Utd 4-2 Blackpool
- 1962/63: Man Utd 3-1 Leicester City
- 1976/77: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
- 1982/83: Man Utd 2-2 Brighton
- Replay: Man Utd 4-0 Brighton
- 1984/85: Man Utd 1-0 Everton
- 1989/90: Man Utd 3-3 Crystal Palace
- Replay: Man Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace
- 1993/94: Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea
- 1995/96: Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool
- 1998/99: Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle
- 2003/04: Man Utd 3-0 Millwall
United have also finished as runners-up 7 times:
- 1956/57: Aston Villa 2-1 Man Utd
- 1957/58: Bolton 2-0 Man Utd
- 1975/76: Southampton 1-0 Man Utd
- 1978/79: Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd
- 2004/05: Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd (Arsenal won 5-4 on pens)
- 1994/95: Everton 1-0 Man Utd
- 1906/07: Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd (aet)
Last season United reached the semi-finals of the competition, only to be dumped out by their fiercest rivals Manchester City courtesy of a Yaya Toure strike. In the 2009/10 season they were stunned by old rivals Leeds United who came away from Old Trafford with a shock 1-0 win. The victory was even more amazing considering that Leeds were in League One at the time. In 2008/09 they reached the last four where they came up against a resilient Everton side who eventually won 4-2 on penalties following a goalless 120 minutes. United reached the quarter-finals in 2007/08 where they were beatn 1-0 at home by Portsmouth who went on to win the cup.