Newcastle have one of the best FA Cup records having appeared in 13 Finals, winning six and finishing runners-up seven times. Towards the start of the 20th Century they appeared in an impressive five Finals in just seven years, however, they finished on the losing side in all but one. They enjoyed a period of dominance in the early 1950s when they won the trophy three times in five years.
In this year's competition Newcastle narrowly beat Premier League strugglers Blackburn Rovers 2-1 in the third round to set up a match away to either Brighton or Wrexham in the FA Cup Fourth Round.
Newcastle are currently available at 16/1 in the FA Cup Odds.
FA Cup Record
Newcastle have won the FA Cup six times:
- 1909/10: Newcastle 1-0 Barnsley
- 1923/24: Newcastle 2-0 Aston Villa
- 1931/32: Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal
- 1950/51: Newcastle 2-0 Blackpool
- 1951/52: Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal
- 1954/55: Newcastle 3-1 Man City
The Magpies have also finished runners-up seven times:
- 1904/05: Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
- 1905/06: Everton 1-0 Newcastle
- 1907/08: Wolves 2-1 Newcastle
- 1910/11: Bradford 0-0 Newcastle
- Replay: Bradford 1-0 Newcastle
- 1973/74: Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle
- 1997/98: Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle
- 1998/99: Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle
Newcastle have a pretty poor recent record in the FA Cup. In the last five years they have been dumped out in the third round three times and lost in the fourth round twice. This has included an embarrassing 3-1 defeat to Stevenage last season and a heavy 5-1 home loss to Birmingham in 2007.